Our Latest Posts

10 February 2009

Hope

I was going to try and make it till tomorrow and not blog about that game against Detroit, but I can't. So I am a failure. Anyways, what really happened there? I believe we could have won that game. Yes, I said it. We lost that game purely because we have no confidence in our game right now. We matched them in the hustle for the pucks in the corners as well as in the open ice. We Just didn't get the bounces. I still see a glimmer of hope for this team. I hate to say it, but we lost to a better team, top to bottom. That is no excuse, I know, but we did. I don't think we were outplayed, I think we were outskilled, if you know what I mean.
If we are able to pull off a win against San Jose tomorrow night, whether it is in regular time, overtime, or the shootout, I don't care. We need the two points, that would be bigger than beating the Redwings. San Jose has only lost 14 games this season, that is including overtime/shootout. This is quite a feat, to be quite honest. They have relatively no question marks on thier roster. They also play the League leading Boston Bruins in Boston tonight before they arrive here in Pittsburgh tomorrow. Even a tired Sharks squad is threatening. I do think, however, that we can beat them. We need to beat them.
We watch game by game for the season changer. We thought that lightening game was it, and it still might be, and then we played Columbus great. Then Detroit came along and took the wind out of our sails. Out of the four home games and a possibility of eight points, we can get six. That would be ideal, but we have to win tomorrow night. I think a victory against the Western Conference leader would help our confidence and may propel us into the playoffs.
I just think we need to keep doing what we are doing. We need Fleury to take over and be on fire, along with Malkin and Crosby. We need the same defense that played against the Wings, just with better success. I have confidence and we need to put some games together before Gonchar comes back. We don't want him to be forced into savior role right away. We need to play for him now. To make sure he didn't work so hard to come back early only to lose out of the playoffs. We need this win!
Let's Go Pens!

EverythingPittsburgh

No comments:

Post a Comment