Our Latest Posts

14 January 2009

I Will Sacrifice Pride For A Couple Wins!

Ok. I was one of the guys calling for Michel Therrien to be fired. That was mainly because we were losing every game possible soundly and Therrien and his staff were doing nothing major to turn this around, until last night. He finally showed that there was a hockey sense in his knoggin and he wasn't afraid, even with the offensive superstars, to use it. He told the team they were going to start trapping. I was afraid when I heard this because all I could think of was the boring New Jersey Devils. I didn't want to see that. Luckily, I didn't. I saw the trap, yes, but I also saw a ton of offense that came out of this trap with some effort of our players. The final was 4-2 and the Philadelphia Flyers looked confused and irritated by the end of the game. I will tell you this though, it wasn't that close. The Penguins had them where they wanted them from the beginning to the end. There were a couple waves to get through, but overall, a dominating performance. I believe that this system is perfect for the Penguins because only because we have more offensive talent than the normal team. The Devils play a version of the trap and it is boring because they have good offensive talent, not exponentionally good offensive talent. I also like the line changes. I like Matt Cooke on the first line. It provided that grit that Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin needed. The other three lines are going to be switched a small bit due to injuries and that. The Pens currently had Paul Bisonette and Chris Minard were called up due to injuries to Pascal Dupuis and Ruslan Fedotenko. I thought this lineup was great. The pens fought a couple times and set the tone early with Cooke yapping at the Flyers, letting them know it was going to be a long night for them if they mess with his guys. Amongst chants of, "Crosby Sucks!", Sid had two big assists and almost buried it a number of times. When it was all said and done, I didn't know if the fans were booing the Flyers or the Penguins. The Pens looked like the Pens of last year Stanley Cup run. I look forward to seeing them beat up on the Washington Capitals tonight at the Mellon Arena.

EverythingPittsburgh

No comments:

Post a Comment