Our Latest Posts

29 March 2009

Movie Reviews- Vol.1!- The Shawshank Redemption

I put the link up there quite a while ago with the intent of, well, giving movie reviews. I didn't like the idea of giving a review of movies that are lame and in theaters still, so I finally decided on trying for movies that you must see in your lifetime. I figure a great start is The Shawshank Redemption.
The movie takes place in the '60s and the main character, Andy Dufresne, played by Tim Robbins, is a banker that is convicted of murdering his wife and her lover. He is then sent to Shawshank Prison where he experiences the worst prison can give you, only to have hope throughout. He ends up using his brains to work for the prison by doing his job on the outside, well, sorta. He works taxes and in the library as part of his pennance. His longtime prison friend Ellis 'Red' Redding, played by Morgan Freeman, becomes concerned one day at sudden behavorial changes that Andy starts showing. This is only a brief glimpse of the movie because if you are reading this and have never seen the movie, I don't want to spoil it.
This movie has to be at if not on the top of your movie watching list. I know I can't give it justice in a paragraph, but if you believe anything I ever say on this blog, believe this, it is a must see.

No comments:

Post a Comment