Our Latest Posts

24 June 2008

I Love It! I Hate It!

Well, I am going to start off positive. I liked the draft. Late picks with some potential. I am glad that we didn't make any irrational trades for some higher picks because, well, to be frank, we can't afford another high profile pick. One more positive point. Evgeni Malkin. He is proving he want to be a Pittsburgher more and more each day. First, making it clear that he wants to stay here in Pittsburgh. Secondly telling everyone that there is no way he is going to that Russian Superleague for insane amounts of money. Now,to the negative. I am upset that we have been thus far unable to sign any of our free agents. However, I can't expect anyone not try out free agency. I am upset how Malone was handled. It wasn't his fault, but I also don't think it is the teams as well. It just sorta fell apart. I figure Malone can't guarantee the same season next year that he had this year, but he might. If he does, then it would be a big loss to the Pens. I didn't think the team would be this up in the air come July 1st, but here we are. I am nervous/excited about the free agency. I can't wait to see how it turns out. It should be interesting.

EverythingPittsburgh

No comments:

Post a Comment