Our Latest Posts

21 April 2009

Going Into Battle

Now let me start off about the bad luck I brought upon our team. I am here to apologize for that. I was forced to go to drill for the National Guard and couldn't wear my lucky Lemieux playoff sweater. I knew that the chances of us winning while these two circumstances were in place was slim. I just wanted to apologize to all the superstitious fans in Penguin Nation.

Tonight is the night to take back the series. We need a big win in Philly to go up three games to one. We want to win this in five. It would be good for us to finish them early so we can prepare for our next opponent.

Boston looks to be wrapping up Montreal, Washington decided to show up finally, but in the wrong city, and the Devils are still ahead in theirs. It is hard to determine whether or not my predictions will come true, but only time will tell. For the record, I predicted Boston, New York, and Carolina would win their series, oh, along with Pittsburgh.

This is going to be a battle once again in Philly. We got a little scrap happy in the last game and it drew us out of the style we play. We forgot how to play defense as well. This has to change. It has to change tonight!

"Veni, vidi, vici."
(I came, I saw, I conquered)
- Julius Caesar

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"
- Gunnery Sergeant Dan Daly

"I have not yet begun to fight."
- Captain John Paul Jones

"Neither a wise nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair."
- George S. Patton

"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier."
- Colin Powell

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it."
- Norman Schwarzkopf

"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure."
- Colin Powell

This isn't the time to worry whether or not we can win, it is a time to worry about how bad we are going to beat them!

Let's Go Pens!

No comments:

Post a Comment